Are you aware that sleep apnea can be produced by a wide-ranging amount of issues stemming from your oral health all the way to irrepressible genetics? Even your brain could be responsible for your sleep apnea. Understanding the causes of sleep apnea is one of the initial steps you can take to determine if you have it, and then what you can do to treat it.
Focus your oral health care on sleep apnea. Save your smile with sleep apnea treatments and these important facts:
– Obstructive sleep apnea normally occurs when airways are blocked and obstructed.
– Untreated sleep apnea can eventually result in serious conditions such as heart attacks or stroke.
– Sleep apnea can be caused by allergies, sinus problems, a family history of the disorder, genetics, a deviated septum, breathing obstructions, large tonsils, a large tongue, a small jaw, nasal blockages, and various environmental factors.
– Signals from your brain failing to be deciphered by your muscles in your chest is known as central sleep apnea.
– Archetypally, males over the age of 40 are most at risk for sleep apnea.
If you think you may have a sleep apnea disorder and you would like to have a professional exam from our team at Stan Scalf DMD, simply book an appointment with Dr. Stan Scalf and the rest of our team at our dentist office in Georgetown, Kentucky, by calling us at 502-863-9340. Our wonderful staff is here to help you get the smile you want!