The most effective method for fighting cavities remains preventing them from ever occurring. Stomp out cavities before they form. If you are willing to put in a minimal amount of time and effort on a daily basis, you can keep your teeth in optimum oral health care and ensure they can continue to support and provide for you for many years to come.
Don’t let the new year slow down your progress with excellent oral health care habits. Here are some additional hints to help you continue protecting yourself:
– Brush your teeth twice daily with toothpaste that is ADA-approved or dentist recommended.
– Visit your dentist at Stan Scalf DMD regularly for professional cleanings or oral exams.
– After meals, chewing sugarless gum for at least 20 minutes has been shown to fight cavities.
– Avoid sticky candies, chewy snacks, or other foodstuffs that are difficult to wash away or remove from your teeth and gums.
– Floss once daily with ADA-approved dental floss or dentist recommended flossing tools.
– Make sure you practice proper etiquette with your brushing tactics including how you brush and how you care for your toothbrush.
– Mouthwash is good for rinsing away bad bacteria and food particles.
As long as you take the necessary steps to protect yourself, cavities can be prevented. If you would like to schedule an oral exam or professional cleaning with Dr. Stan Scalf, please call our office at 502-863-9340. We are located in Georgetown, Kentucky. We look forward to making your oral health care for the new year the brightest one yet.